Healthcare Organizations are evolving to support electronic health records, cloud computing, mobile devices and open data exchange with business partners. Medical providers and healthcare institutions possess sensitive information that is accessed by a variety of devices and systems, both managed and unmanaged. IT teams must secure data shared across networks to meet compliance requirements of HIPAA, HITECH, and other regulatory mandates.
Health care organizations are custodians of sensitive information in the form of individuals’ Protected Health Information (PHI). The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act or “The Act” mandates healthcare organizations and their business associates, to comply with the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rule requirements along with the new Data Breach Notification law. Compliance with the rules requires every organization, regardless of size, to exercise due diligence and implement robust information security and privacy controls whose effectiveness must be assured at all times.
CKSS can help you with a comprehensive audit approach that yields practical solutions, not hefty reports. Our specialists and services are focused on creating value. A strong, strategic Internal Audit framework integrates compliance, controls and sophisticated risk management with your mission, vision, and stakeholder expectations.
Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Establish a scope and audit plan for the risk assessment
- Conduct a HIPAA assessment to help you identify gaps that may exist between your current security posture and HIPAA requirements. Our audits are customized to suit the unique needs of for each organization
- Our audit includes emerging technologies, such as cloud computing and mobile devices
- Work with Stakeholders on remediation efforts for identified weaknesses
- Offer advice on controls and system weaknesses